Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring time berry smoothies

Lately I have been hooked on berry smoothies as a morning booster!  While the convenience of having someone else make it for me at a smoothie shop is enticing, the cheap-o in me hardly ever actually goes to a smoothie shop when I know I can make it at home for a fraction of the price! 
These smoothies I've been making are a great breakfast on the go or even a treat for the fam.  Here's the scoop on how I make them (this is a single serve recipe of about 16 oz).
 
 
-Dannon light & fit vanilla yogurt 6 oz cup
-About 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
-5 or so ice cubes
-About 6oz of zero sugar added cranberry-raspberry juice.
Blend these all together until you get the consistency you desire.  Add more juice if you want a more liquid smoothie.
Serve up and enjoy! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment