Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Grilled chicken pesto pizza

It seems like every now and then when I find or create a new recipe that I just love, I tend to make that food at least once a week for at least a month!  My current favorite obsession recipe is chicken pesto pizza that can either be grilled or made in the oven.  I got inspired to make this when I saw last month's issue of Food Network magazine and there was an article about grilling pizzas.  Hello genius!  Especially with it being a toasty 90+ degrees, it's nice to keep the oven off and keep the heat outside. 
Last week I made these pizzas on the grill and was so pleased with the results.   Individual size rustic pizzas that are tastey fresh off the grill and even the next day, according to Clint.
 
 
 
Here's how to make them:
 
I use this recipe for the pizza dough and this one for the pesto. 
Have the grill at about 350-400 degrees.  With a paper towel dampened in olive oil and held in tongs (folded up), lightly rub the grill grates on the areas where you'll be grilling the pizzas.  Place rolled out dough (in desired size) directly on the grill.  Bake for about 3 minutes (or until browned as desired), then flip to the other side and repeat.  Once the dough is cooked, remove from the grill place it on a cookie sheet/pan.  Put on pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken, and sun dried tomatoes.  Put cookie with assembled pizzas back on the grill and close the lid.  Cook about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment