Monday, September 3, 2012

Putting it on display, family photos

A few months ago I was rummaging through my favorite thrift store and saw this over-sized basket lid amidst the piles of housewares.  For a couple of moments I actually walked away from the basket-style item since I wasn't sure that it would work anywhere in our house, but I was drawn back to it for some reason, and I threw it in my shopping cart.  As I continued to shop around, it came to me, that I could hang this over-sized item on the wall and hang photos from it!  
With mini clothespins painted to match the futon cover in the den, I pinned up black and white family photos on the basket lid and then hung it up for display.  

Slowly, but surely, the cottage style of the den is coming together with these additional touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment