Thursday, November 15, 2012

A reminder to be Thankful

I don't know if you're in the same boat as me, but I  have to remind myself right now to not overlook the upcoming holiday.  With Halloween seeming like a distant memory and Christmas at the forefront of my mind it's easy for me to want to skip ahead to decorating for and celebrating Christmas!  But, I have to slow down to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday to remember the things I'm grateful for and especially take in the beauty of the fall season. 
I put up a little reminder in our home for the short Thanksgiving season, with hopes to think each day on blessings that I should be most grateful for. 


While we won't be celebrating Thanksgiving at our home, I've utilized the opportunities at a church dinner activity and when we've had family over for dinner to make a fall table setting that I love for it's simplicity.



With these little reminders of Thanksgiving I kind of want to have some pumpkin pie, but that'll just have to wait til next week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment