Friday, March 29, 2013

{trying out} my green thumb

After having a full year in our house (time flies!) I am now ready to try to tackle the yards.  I had great intentions last year to get the front and back yards in shape, but all the other little projects of first-time home ownership seemed to take precedence.
In the last couple of weeks though I've been motivated to at least make a little dent in the long list of outside projects I want to do on the house.
First one was planting flower in the front garden bed when you walk up to our house. 
 
 
While this may not look like anything spectacular, it has made me so happy to see a little color and smidge more curb appeal when you walk up to our front door.  I'm thinking of adding a few more plants to the flower bed soon, but for now I'm glad I at least have a start! 
 
My second project was to start a veggie garden!  I love veggies!  Ever since we moved into our house I figured I'd have an edible garden, but until 2 weeks ago I hadn't done anything to make that vision happen.   So with just over $20 and a lot of enthusiasm, I set out to get my veggie garden started.
 
 
 
I started several types of veggies both indoors and outdoors in hopes to at least get one or two types of vegetables to start sprouting. 
 
 
 
And after just two weeks, I'm starting to see some great progress!  I can't wait to keep these little guys going and hopefully get some delicious veggies as the season goes on!  
Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to keep this green thumb thing going so I can have a pretty (and edible) garden this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment