Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Is it too late or too early for Christmas? ; )




As I sit here and look at some of my pictures I can't help but share how I decorated for Christmas.  I had every intention of starting this blog before the holidays so I could put my Christmas stuff on here, but I guess a month after the holiday (or 11 months early) isn't bad, right?!  So here it goes...my simple, delightful, nature-inspired Christmas decor. 
A simple green wreath from a craft store was personalized by adding a wooden letter tied with twine.  It made for a winter welcome for all who entered.


I sewed stockings made out of felt and burlap and added a couple of the glitter bird ornaments for a little extra sparkle.  I was pretty proud of myself for sewing these stockings without any help, considering I can count on one hand the number of things I had sewn prior to these stockings.

Cardboard, white spray paint, glitter and twine came together to make these charming bird ornaments.  The globe lantern-style lights happened to be patio lights that I've had for years and never used, until they found a perfect spot on the Christmas tree!
Felt circles were cut out and sewn together to create a simple garland to wrap around the tree.


Brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things...well and the way the tree came together!  It was fun to make the decorations for the tree and see our become a nature-inspired winter wonderland!  Hope your holidays were great! We only have 11 months til next Christmas! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment