So here goes the recipe...
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 pound thin sliced deli ham, sliced into thin strips
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, bell peppers, garlic and oregano stirring occasionally for 5 -7 minutes until tender. Add the ham, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes. Set the mixture aside to cool.
Cut the pizza dough in half and roll/flatten each half into about 10 inch round on a baking sheet. Take half of ham/pepper mixture and spread over half of the round. Spread the other half of the mixture on the other 10 each round. Top the mixture of each round with cheese. Fold the dough over the filing, crimping the edges to seal the calzone.
Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes and cut each calzone in half. Each serving of the calzone is approximately 400 calories and the recipe makes 4 servings, not too bad! Enjoy!