Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Make it over: dark to bright and beachy

It seems like the weekends fly by too quickly!  Lately I find myself not having enough time to get everything done that I planned on the two day breaks from work, but this last weekend I was excited to get one of my many projects done and hung up.  Of course I'm excited to share the finshed project as well.

I've had this great, but plain black oval mirror and for the last couple of years it's been stored away.  It's collected a few scratches while being stored away, so I wanted to give it a makeover.

Before
I saw a round mirror at Crate & Barrel flanked by driftwood a while ago that I loved, but it was a bit pricey so I didn't buy it.  So when I thought of this great plain black mirror I'd been storing, I knew what I wanted to do with it!  I was able to collect the driftwood from Fort Bragg on a camping trip and I used white primer paint and gorilla glue I already had, so the project was pretty much free!
Here's how it turned out!
After
Mirror makeover
It's a fun new addition to our bedroom and ties in the natural, beachy elements that make the room a relaxing escape! 

No comments:

Post a Comment