Monday, July 16, 2012

A get well gift

On Saturday I went with my parents to see one of my aunts who is starting the recovery process after having back surgery.  I was so glad I could go with them to visit her and make her laugh.  I wanted to bring her a little gift to say "get well" and although it's the middle of the summer, homemade soup still sounded like the perfect choice.  Friday I prepped, cooked and canned (my first canning experience!) creamy butternut squash soup to bring to her, of course doubling the batch so Clint and I could enjoy some.  Come to find out my aunt loves butternut squash so I picked the right soup to make!
 I added a little bit of scrapbook paper on the lid before I put the ring around the jar
a simple tag finishes off the gift
 
After making and canning this scrumptious gift, I feel like getting ready for making fun Christmas goodies to give away...but I guess I'll wait until December!  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment