Thursday, July 12, 2012

Name calling

One of my best girlfriends will be changing her last name soon cause she's getting married!  I wanted one of the gifts I gave her for her bridal shower to be something she can hang in her home, so I made a sign with her new last name.  It was easy to make and I plan on making one for my home too!


This cute little sign happened to start out from this...

A wooden pallet...who woulda thought?

My sweet husband cute the slat down to the right size so I could sand it.
I then did a paint and water wash to give the sign color.  When that dried I used tracing paper under the printed out letters (I just picked fonts I liked and printed it out on computer paper).  After the letters were transferred onto the sign I then simply followed the lines with the color of paint I wanted the letters to be (sorry no pictures of that). When that dried I sprayed a coat of clear matte spray paint to finish off the front of the sign.
I then attached a hanger thingy (that may not be the technical term for it!) so it can be hung up if desired, and I of course had to sign it.
Just a fun little sign to hopefully add to her home and celebrate taking on a new last name! 

No comments:

Post a Comment