Monday, October 22, 2012

28 Things

1.  Today is my birthday and I'm 28

2.   I got the idea for this birthday post from a fabulous and talented blogger I follow

3..   I actually enjoy birthdays especially my own, maybe that makes me a little self-centered but I love being able to hear from family and friends on this day {and be treated special too!}

4.  Around my birthday 2 years ago was when I started dating my husband


Clint and I, October 2010

5.      I knew my husband for 2 years before we started dating, but it wasn’t until we had church assignments together that we truly got to know each other

6.     I am a Mormon

7.     I’m not a California girl by birth, but I’ve lived in the golden state for the last 20 years 

8.      I am the youngest of 3 
my sister Megan, me and my brother Bryson
9.      For as long as I can remember I have considered my mom one of my best friends

10.  I have two best girlfriends that are very different, but both are very giving and talented

11.  I have been best friends with one of the two since 7th grade {although she always claims it was 6th grade}, my other best friend was my roommate for 4 years

12.  Antiquing is something I grew up doing

13.  My first job was at a scrapbook store {I was only 14!}

14.  From the time I was 12 until my first year of college I wanted to be a nurse

15.  Science was my least favorite subject in school 

16.  For a month when I was 19 I worked at a nursing home.  That experience helped me decide I didn’t really want to be a nurse {along with #13}

17.  Instead I majored in public relations in college

18.  I used to be deathly afraid of public speaking

19.  I’ve ran 4 half marathons


me completing my first half marathon in 2008

 .20.  I ran a full marathon {26.2 miles} shortly after my 26th birthday

21.  I can’t really do a full cartwheel

22.  In junior high I was voted best sense of humor

23.  In high school I was voted most likely to be a designer on trading spaces

24.  I have 3 family members with holiday birthdays—Mom’s birthday is April Fools, Dad’s birthday is Halloween and my oldest nephew’s birthday is St. Patrick’s day

25.  I’m only about 1/5th of the way to my goal of visiting all 50 US states

26.  I didn’t really get into or enjoy cooking until I married my husband

27.   I got a fancy dancy KitchenAid mixer for my birthday!

Happy Birthday to me!!

 28.  I’m hoping that 28 is a fabulous year for me!! If you want to give me a birthday present… just share my blog with someone who has never checked it out since this has been my joy to create and share with y’all! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: