Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bakin' bread

This last Saturday afternoon I set out for a five mile run through one of my favorite neighborhoods, but shortly into I had the thought of cutting it short and slacking off on my running for the day.  Just as soon as I thought of shortening my run, I remembered the three loafs of dutch crunch bread at home proofing and getting ready to be baked for dinner.  That was my motivation to go the full five miles, so I could indulge in my weakness, FRESH.  BAKED. BREAD. 
This was my first time trying out the recipe from the Bouchon Bakery cookbook I got for Christmas and I was hoping I could make it even half as good as they do at Bouchon's. 


I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.  While, it was nearly as perfect as Bouchon's, I was glad that the overall taste and texture was delicious and admirable for a first go.  Clint and I devoured the first loaf and a half with no problem, but we did manage to save one loaf so he could have a deli-style sandwich on the homemade bread the next day.


There's no question, I will be making this recipe over and over again when I need bread fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment