Saturday, May 26, 2012

Patriotic Parfaits

Aren't you so glad we have a 3 day weekend in celebration of Memorial day?!  I love when we get a rare long weekend and I decided I needed to start it by making these patriotic parfaits I've been dreaming about.   I thought I would wait and make these parfaits for the fourth of July, but I couldn't resist making sooner since after all this weekend inspires a bit of patriotism.  These treats are a perfect summer dessert since they should be chilled and they can be mixed with any color to make a party festive.  I was glad I decided to make them today since we ended up having a few dinner guests, so I already had a dessert whipped up! 
 
 
PATRIOTIC PARFAITS  
Graham cracker layers
4 cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup sugar
14 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven 350 degrees.  Stir together ingredients in a bowl until it resembles a sand-like texture.  Press the mixture into a thin layer on a large baking sheet for 7 to 8 minutes
When done, set aside to cool.

Parfait filling
(3)14 ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk chilled
(3) 8 ounce container whipped cream thawed
Blue raspberry koolaid packet
Strawberry koolaid packet
6 ounce lemonade concentrate frozen

In three separate bowls mix in 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 container of whipped cream in each bowl.  Mix in one the blue raspberry koolaid packet in one bowl, mix in the strawberry koolaid packet in the second bowl and the lemonade concentrate in the third bowl. 
In a small clear cup put in a scoop of the strawberry koolaid mix, add a layer of the graham cracker crust (use a circle cookie cutter to make the right shape and size) and a scoop of the lemonade mixture, add a layer of graham cracker crust and last add a scoop of the blue raspberry koolaid mixture.
Put in the freezer for at least an hour and then enjoy!  Yields about 12 parfait treats

No comments:

Post a Comment